CBSE Class 11-science Chemistry The s-Block Elements
- the cation which forms a yellow precipitate with potassium chomate in acetic acid is
- Do group 2 elements show photoelectric effect?
- Why the group 2 elements are called alkaline earth metals?
- Give the name of rarest alkaline earth metal found in igneous rocks.
- Which element of group 2 is not known as alkaline earth metal?
- Write down the electronic configuration of Ba.
- Why the second ionization enthalpies of alkaline earth metals are lower than alkali metals?
- MgCl2 and CaCl2 exist as MgCl2.6H2O and CaCl2· 6H2O while NaCl and KCl do not form such hydrates. Why?
- Why the Mg and Be reacts with air only in powdered state?
- Beryllium and magnesium do not give color to flame whereas other alkaline earth metals do so. Why?
Queries asked on Sunday & after 7 pm from Monday to Saturday will be answered after 12 pm the next working day.