CBSE Class 11-science Physics Surface Tension
- An ancient building has a fine of 5m radius and uniform but small thickness.The surface tension of its masonry structure is about 500Nm^-1.Treated as hemisphere,find the maximum load that dome can support.
- Define surface tension. What is the cause of surface tension? What is its measure?
- Why do the hairs of a shaving brush cling together when taken out of water?
- If we place a cotton thread loop on a soap film gently and prick the film within the loop then what shape will the thread loop acquire?
- When a sewing needle is gently placed on the surface of water, it floats. Why?
- Define surface energy and show that surface energy is equal to surface tension.
- n identical drops (each of radius r) of liquid of surface tension T and density coalesce to form single drop. The energy released in the processes is converted into kinetic energy. Find the speed of drop.
- Derive an expression for excess of pressure inside a soap bubble.
- What happens if the capillary tube is of insufficient height?
- A drop of mercury of radius 3 mm splits into 27 identical droplets. Find the increase in surface energy. Surface tension of mercury is 0.465 N/m.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number