CBSE Class 11-science Physics More On Free Body Problems
- A smooth inclined plane of angle of inclination 30 degree is placed on the floor of a compartment of a train moving with constant acceleration a When a block is placed on the inclined plane it do not slide down or up the plane The acceleration a must be a. g b. g/2 c. g/(root 2) d. g/(root 3)
- A box of 20 kg is resting on a table. What will be the magnitude of normal force acting on the box?
- A girl pulls a loaded sledge of mass 100 kg along a horizontal surface at constant velocity in snow. The coefficient of kinetic friction between girl and the snow is 0.10. Draw its free body diagram and calculate tension in the string. Given Φ = 45o.
- Two wooden blocks A and B are connected to a chord, passing through a frictionless pulley. Block A is pushed to the left on a surface by a horizontal force. Draw the free body diagram of both the blocks.
- Two blocks of different masses are pushed along the frictionless surface at an angle. Draw the free body diagram of both the blocks and of the system. And also mention the forces acting on them separately.
- A block of mass 5 kg when placed over an inclined plane at an angle of 20o slides down without acceleration. If the inclination is increased by 10o, then what would be the acceleration of the block?
- A block of mass 10 kg rests on a flat wooden floor where the coefficient of friction between block and floor is 0.5. The block is pulled by a rope making an angle 45o with the horizontal. What is the minimum tension along the rope that just makes the block slide?
- Two blocks A and B of mass 10 kg and 15 kg are connected with a massless string that runs on frictionless pulley. Block A moves along a plane that make an angle of 45o with the horizontal. The block B moves downward with constant velocity. Find the magnitude of friction and coefficient of kinetic friction.
- A tractor tows a trailer of mass 1000 kg at a speed of 10 m/s. On level road the tension in the string is 1000 N. Find the tension in the coupling when the tractor ascends a road having inclination of 1 in 5.
- Three blocks of different masses are placed one over other on a horizontal surface. Draw the free body diagram for each block separately.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number