CBSE Class 10 Maths Applications Of Heights And Distances
- a fire in the building Bis reported on telephone to two fire staitons P and Q, 20 km apart from each other on a straight road P observes that the fire is at an angle of 60 degree to the road and Q observes that it is at an angle of 45 degree to the road. What station should send its team and how much time will this team have to travel?
- from a point on the ground the angles of elevation of the bottom and top of a communication tower fixed on the top of a 20 meter high building a 45 degree and 60 degree respectivelyf.find the height of the tower.
- From the top of a building 60 d high, the angles of depression of the top and the bottom of a tower are observed to be 30°and 60° respectively. Find the height of the tower.
- a boat is viewed from the top of a hill which is 100 meter above the sea the angle of depression being 60 degree .find the horizontal distance of the observation point in meter
- Pls explain
- as observed from the top of the lighthouse, 100m high above sea level , the angle of depression of a ship changes from 30 degrees to 45 degrees. determine the distance travelled by ship during the period of observation.
- Determine the height of the mountain if the elevation of it's top at an unknown distance from the base is 30°and at a distance10km further off from the mountain along the same line the angle of elevation is 15°(use tan 15°=0.27)
- The shadow of a tower standing on a level ground is found to be 40m longer when the sun's altitude is 30° than when it is 60°.find the height of the tower
- A man sitting at a height of 20m on a tall tree on a small island in the middle of a river observes 2 poles directly opposite to each other on the 2 banks of the river and in line with a foot of tree. If the angles of depression of the feet the pole from a point at which the man is sitting on the tree on either side of the river are 60 degrees and 30 degrees respectively. Find the width of the river.
- A 1.6m tall girl stands at a distance of 3.2m from a lampost and casts a shadow of 4.8m on the ground. Find the height of the lampost by using(1)trigonometric ratios(2)property of similar triangles.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number