NEET 2021 Exam Pattern and Useful Study Tips
Check out the NEET 2021 exam pattern and some useful tips for you to study in this extension.
As you may know, NEET or the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). Preparation for this competitive entrance exam is important for securing admission in reputed medical colleges in India. NEET 2021 will be conducted on 1st August 2021. We will also go through some useful study tips so you can get top scores in this entrance exam.
Important points about the exam that can help you in your NEET 2021 exam preparation:
- Number of questions in NEET 2021: 180 MCQs
- Marks for each question: 4 marks
- Mode of exam: Offline, using pen and paper
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Subjects in NEET syllabus: Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Zoology and Botany)
- Negative Marking: Deduction of 1 mark for each incorrect answer
- NEET is conducted in these languages: 11 languages (English, Marathi, Hindi, Bengali, Telugu, Urdu, Tamil, Gujarati, Kannada, Odia and Assamese)
- Courses that you can pursue with NEET: Undergraduate or postgraduate courses in Medicine/Ayurveda/Dentistry/Unani/Siddha/Homeopathy at reputed colleges in India
- Weightage of marks:
No. of questions
Prepare effectively with these valuable NEET exam tips:
- Feel confident for NEET with sample papers
Being a competitive exam, just thinking about the exam day can make you sweat. With sample papers, you can create an exam scenario at your place of study. Attempt the sample paper according to your schedule and try to finish the paper within the limited time. Don’t freak out if you are unhappy with the results. As per your assessment, study again and re-attempt the mock exam. Taking mock exams ensure that you are more confident on the day of your exam.
- Mock tests are important
Not sure whether you are through with a topic? Take FREE NEET online mock tests. Do not cheat while taking these tests. The test scores will show you whether you need to study the topic more or move on to other topics. To improve your test scores, you can retake online mock tests multiple times.
- Using a NEET study kit for thorough preparation
Your NEET study kit should include
- NEET Latest syllabus – To understand what to study
- NCERT solutions – For revision of NEET topics
- Formulae – To prepare for numerical questions
- Topic notes – For quick revision of important topics
- NEET Question papers with model solutions – For mock exams
- NEET Online weekly tests – For self-assessment
- NEET Video lessons – For conceptual clarity
- NEET Previous years’ papers- To prepare for questions asked in past and level of difficulty.
In addition to the above materials, make sure to attend webinars related to NEET for exam tips by NEET toppers or doubt-solving sessions by experts. There may be live or recorded sessions of the topic discussions available online which you might find useful too.
If you need a comprehensive study plan to crack NEET this year or in the coming years, TopperLearning can help you. There are study packs covering mock tests, concept videos, weekly tests and more for NEET preparation. Whether you are targeting NEET 2021 or NEET 2022, TopperLearning enables you with sufficient online learning for comfortably studying from home. You can also study with our crash course for NEET 2021 at Rs 3499/- only.
For more details, talk to our academic counsellor at1800-212-7858 / 9372462318
You can also read:
MORE from Education
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project