NCERT Full Form - What Is the Full Form Of NCERT
Read this article to know all about NCERT.
By Topperlearning Expert 28th Mar, 2022 | 04:46 pmShare
NCERT full form is the National Council of Educational Research and Training. It is an autonomous educational organization of the Government of India. It was established in 1961 under the Societies’ Registration Act as a literary, scientific, and charitable Society. All the schools affiliated with the CBSE board follow the curriculum of NCERT. Currently, it has its headquarters in New Delhi. Many state boards follow the books and syllabus of NCERT.
This article provides an answer to questions like:
● What is the full form of NCERT?
● Establishment and full form of NCERT in English
● What are the objectives of NCERT?
● What is the importance of NCERT?
● What are the study materials of NCERT?
Establishment And Full Form Of NCERT In English
NCERT was established by the Ministry of Education, Govt. of India on 27th July 1961. However, it was on 1st September 1961 when this body started its functions. The National Council of Educational Research and Training or NCERT was formed by merging 7 working government organizations, namely:
● Central Bureau of Educational and Vocational Guidance
● Central Institute of Education
● Directorate of Extension Programs for Secondary Education
● National Fundamental Education Centre
● Central Bureau of Textbook Research
● National Institute of Audio-Visual Education
● National Institute of Basic Education
Name of the organization
NCERT full form
National Council of Educational Research and Training
27th July 1961
Started operations from
1st September 1961
Ministry of Education, Govt. of India
Head Quarter at
Sri Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi, India
What are the objectives of NCERT?
The primary objectives of NCERT are stated below:
● As suggested by the NCERT full form, it is an educational body known to promote and conduct research in the educational field.
● It conducts experiments of ideas and practices that are related to education.
● The NCERT was formed to help the Indian government in matters related to education and academics.
● It functions by collaboration with various national and international educational bodies.
● All the national curriculum frameworks, textbooks, syllabi and other teaching and learning for school-level education are developed by NCERT.
● NCERT also conducts teaching training programs.
NCERT and Regional Institutes Of Education
The Regional Institute of Education, commonly known as RIE, is part of the National Council of Educational Research and Training or NCERT. In 1963, the Government of India established the RCE, which is today known as RIE. It was established to cover various regions of the country under a national educational curriculum.
Presently there are 5 RIEs, namely:
● RIE Bhubaneswar
● NE-RIE Shillong
● RIE Mysore
● RIE Bhopal
● RIE Ajmer
NCERT Full Form In English gives a glimpse that NCERT develops study materials for school-level education. Following are the primary study materials developed by NCERT.
● NCERT Syllabus
● NCERT Books
● NCERT Solutions
Now, let's discuss all the three study materials under NCERT's full form in education.
NCERT In Education And Study Materials
As you know what is the full form of NCERT, continue reading to know the study materials developed by NCERT.
● NCERT Syllabus: The syllabus developed by NCERT is followed by schools affiliated with CBSE. Students can easily download and refer to the syllabus of their respective classes to improve their learning and exam preparations.
● NCERT Books: The NCERT books are developed for classes 1-12. All the questions asked in the exams are elaborately covered in the NCERT textbooks. Students of CBSE don’t need to search any topic elsewhere.
● NCERT Solutions: The NCERT solutions provide answers to all the questions covered in the NCERT textbooks. It educated students regarding the proper manner of answering a question. By following the answering pattern of NCERT solutions, students can easily pass with excellent marks.
NCERT Full Form And Importance Of Study Materials
● Students can easily access the syllabus, textbooks and solutions of their respective classes.
● Solutions provided for the NCERT textbook questions help the students gain confidence for the exam.
● The solution teaches students the proper way of answering questions in exams.
● Students can easily understand the solutions.
FAQs On NCERT
Q 1. What is the full form of NCERT? Can a state board student follow the textbooks of NCERT?
The NCERT full form is the National Council of Educational Research and Training. Most of the state boards follow the syllabi developed by NCERT. But there can be exceptions for some topics. Therefore, students must first refer to their syllabus to better understand the topics they need to cover.
Q2. Is it possible to score full marks in exams by following the NCERT books?
Scoring good marks is the main motive of all the students when it comes to exam preparation. Therefore, all the NCERT textbooks are carefully developed by the subject matter experts. These textbooks follow the latest syllabus pattern of CBSE to learn and score the highest marks in exams.
Q 3. Are the NCERT textbooks available online?
All the textbooks for classes 1-12 are available online and can be downloaded easily. These textbooks are updated as per the syllabus. Students can download the PDF file of these textbooks by clicking on the download link.
Q 4. Are the NCERT textbooks enough for qualifying JEE and NEET?
Undoubtedly the JEE and NEET syllabus is based on the NCERT syllabus. But you need advanced preparation to qualify for NEET and JEE exams. For this, you need to solve advanced questions of higher-level textbooks.
More from Education
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project
- Add to favourite