National Talent Search Examination 2015
The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) and scholarship programme for students is held by the National Council of Educational Research and Training to identify talented students across India.
The National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) and scholarship programme for students is held by the National Council of Educational Research and Training to identify talented students across India. It is a good platform for students to show their talent and get noted. The application forms for the exam are filled in August. Level 1 of the exam is conducted in November, while level 2 is held in May.
1000 Scholarships are awarded to students who qualify for the exam. These scholarships are divided into three categories:
- Scholarship of Rs 1250 is given every month to students of Class 11 and 12.
- Scholarship of Rs 2000 is given every month to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- As fixed by UGC, a fixed amount is also given to students who want to pursue PhD.
Image source: http://www.qedu.in
Eligibility Criteria: Students studying in Class 10 are eligible for NTSE. The selection is based purely on merit. There are two levels in NTSE. Students should have acquired at least 60% marks in Class 9. The minimum marks required for SC, ST and PH is 55%. Also, students should be from recognised schools.
The test is divided into two parts – MAT and SAT.
MAT – Mental Ability Test: The test consists of 50 questions based on logical reasoning. The questions are related to analogies, classifications, series, pattern perception, coding–decoding, hidden figures and problem solving.
SAT – Scholastic Aptitude Test: The test comprises 150 questions based on language. Concepts from subjects such as Mathematics, Science and Social Studies are included here. SAT tests students’ general awareness, communication skills and power of interpretation.
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project