Must score 25% to pass
Students in these classes will now be required to score more than 25% in Summative Assessments (SAs). Only if students score a minimum of 25% in SAs will they be promoted to the next class. Thus, a student will have to score a minimum of 15 marks in each
For the current academic year, only Class 9 students will be following these guidelines. However, from the next academic year, the guidelines will also be applicable to Class 10 students.
The attendance of students in both SAs (SA1 and SA2) has been made mandatory. However, participation at national/international level sports organised by CBSE, School Game Federation of India or any other recognised federation during the month of an SA can exempt a student from one SA.
If such is the case, then the student will need to seek prior approval from the Board, and the marks obtained by the student in SA1 will be considered for SA2.
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Mathematics
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Social Studies
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Hindi
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Science
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 English
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Hindi