Marathon runner Yadav cleared for Olympics
Marathon runner Ram Singh Yadav on Sunday became the third Indian athlete to clear the AFI fitness test for competing in the upcoming London Olympics.
"He is fit for the Olympics and we have cleared him. He bid 32min 30 seconds in a 10km race in Coimbatore Synthetic Trek. We are satisfied with his fitness," Athletics Federation of India Secretary General, C K Valson, told PTI.
Earlier, triple jumpers Mayookha Johny and Renjith Maheshwary had been cleared to participate in the Olympics after passing fitness tests.
All three were asked by the AFI to prove their fitness on the ground that they have not taken part in a competition for some time after qualifying for the London Games.
Mayookha managed a 14.10m jump - just a shade below her personal best of 14.11m which she did in Kobe last year at the Asian Championships - in the fitness test.
Maheshwary was given the green signal for the Olympics after he leapt to 16.45m in nine strides in a fitness test jump at his training base at Forli in Italy on July 9.
MORE from Sports
latest from Topper Learning
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Mathematics
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Social Studies
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 English
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 9 Hindi
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Science
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Mathematics
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 English
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Hindi