Know how to celebrate Teacher's Day
While World Teachers' Day is celebrated all across the world on October 5, in India it is celebrated on 5th September.
The idea behind the Teachers' Day is to honor the contributions made by teachers towards the society. Great teacher Dr. Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan was born on 5th September, 1888 and since 1962 his birthday is celebrated as Teachers' day.
Radhakrishnan was a staunch believer of education, besides being a well-known diplomat, scholar and the President of India. He believed that 'teachers should be the best minds in the country'.
How to celebrate Teachers' Day
All schools and colleges have their own way of celebrating this special day in the honor of their beloved teachers. On this occasion some students (handpicked by students council to match the personality of teachers) dress up to represent their teachers and take classes that are assigned to the teachers they represent. As the day passes, the new teachers (students) perform the regular activities that are performed by the teachers in their own funny ways, sometimes imitating the teachers, saying their pet dialogues, and stuff.
Few ways of celebrating Teachers' Day are listed below. Take ideas, improvise and plan a wonderful celebration! We'd be happy to listen to your ideas in our comments section at the end of the post.
1) Stage performances can be planned for the entertainment of teachers. From catwalks, musical parodies, to hilarious skits, the ideas are plenty. The idea is to organize the show with the help of fellow students, without involving any teacher. This way it sure is a surprise entertainer!
2) It is a good idea to prepare a Teachers' Day Invitation card (or e-Invitation) that can be distributed to all teachers 1 week before the event, detailing the days' events, venues and timings.
3) Teacher(s) can be invited to a cafe/restaurant too for a treat. No matter whether you are going in a group or accompanying your teacher alone, be sure to reserve the tables, so that there are no hiccups on the special day.
4) Throwing a lavish party for all your teachers is also a choice your class/school has. The choice of venue is up to you - school premises, a banquet hall, or a student's resident.
5) Planning a surprise picnic for your teachers at a nearby park is also a good idea to celebrate the Teachers' Day. Be sure to take all the picnic essentials, including snacks baskets, tissues, beverages, umbrella, camera, etc.
6) A small fete / fair can also be organized within the school premises on the occasion. The raised money can go in the Teachers' fund.
7) Decorate the staff rooms and the hallways of the school for Teachers' Appreciation Day. Create your own 'Walk of Fame' for your teachers. Get a piece of red carpet or put red butcher paper down in the entry hall. Make gold stars with a teacher's name on each, and have the school meet the teachers as they arrive in the morning.
8) Make some students stand at the entry gate before the teachers' arrival to shower the teachers with flowers when they enter the school.
9) Decorate the party hall, notice boards and class rooms with "Happy Teachers' Day" banners, quotes on Teachers Day, ribbons and balloons.
Make it a memorable day for your teachers! All the very best!
Courtesy : http://www.eventeve.com
MORE from Entertainment
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project