JEE Main 2020: ‘75% Marks in Class 12’ norm relaxed for admissions to IITs, NITs etc.
CSAB has relaxed the minimum requirement of 75% marks in Class 12 for JEE Main 2020 admissions to IITs, NITs etc.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) has relaxed admission norms for admissions to National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs).
The HRD ministry has said that undergraduate students will
- Be given admission to NITs based on their performance in the Joint Entrance Exam-Main (JEE-Main)
- Get a concession in the Class 12 board examination marks in the selection process
Important points for aspirants
- The norm of 75% marks in the board examinations or a place in the top 20 percentile of the respective boards has been relaxed.
- SC/ST candidates should have either scored at least 65% or fulfilled the top 20 percentile requirement.
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) will admit students based on their performance in JEE-Advanced.
- Class 12 board exam marks will not be necessary for admission to IITs this year.
On 3 July 2020, the HRD ministry had postponed JEE and the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) to September
JEE-Main will now be held between 1 and 6 September 2020, while JEE-Advanced will be held on 27 September 2020.
Tweets and statements by Union HRD Minister Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank:
“JEE Main 2020 qualified candidates will now only need to obtain a passing certificate in Class XII examination irrespective of the marks obtained.”
“For admissions to #IITs, apart from qualifying the #JEE (Advanced), the eligibility was to secure either minimum score of 75% marks in Class XII Board exams or rank among the top 20 percentile in their qualifying examinations. Due to the partial cancellation of Class XII exams by several Boards, Joint Admission Board (JAB) has decided to relax the eligibility criterion for #JEE (Advanced) 2020 qualified candidates this time.”
“Keeping in mind the safety of students and to ensure quality education, we have decided to postpone JEE and NEET examinations.”
TopperLearning enables you with sufficient online learning to comfortably study from home. For more details, talk to our academic counsellor on 9372462318.
You can also read:
MORE from Education
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project