Indian syllabi too ambitious: UNESCO
Curriculum of Indian schools has drawn sharp criticism from the UNESCO.
According to UNESCO's Education for All Global Monitoring Report - 2014, Indian curriculum is too ambitious and unrealistic for a child.
The report says, "Vietnam's curriculum focuses on foundation skills, is closely matched with what children are able to learn and pays particular attention to disadvantaged learners. By contrast, India's curriculum, which outpaces what pupils can realistically learn and achieve in the time given, is a factor in widening learning gaps."
The report further reads, "It's crucial that primary school pupils master the foundation skills of basic numeracy and literacy in the early grades, so they can understand what's taught in later grades."
The report suggests that curriculum of Indian schools has drawn sharp criticism from the UNESCO.
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project