Improve your JEE and NEET ranks to get into India’s best, IISc Bangalore
Times Higher Education rankings calls IISc Bangalore India’s best in its small universities rankings for 2017.
An outstanding performance in IITJEE (Main and Advanced) or NEET can increase your chances of availing the standard fellowships offered by KVPY and DST-INSPIRE for admissions to Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
Why IISc Bangalore, you ask?
The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore has ranked 8th in the Times Higher Education (THE) World’s Best Small Universities rankings for 2017. IISc Bangalore had a spot in the 201-250 group of the coveted list of THE World University Rankings 2016-17.
Although it’s a dream to be a part of large campuses, THE’s interaction with students has brought to the surface some interesting aspects. Studying in a smaller university offers closer relationships with teachers and students claim to have experienced a greater sense of community. Also, students who study in small universities situated in larger cites seem to enjoy a more intimate campus and the hustle and bustle of busy metropolitan life at the same time.
The THE list has several Italian and French universities in the top 10 with California Institute of Technology (Caltech) leading the list.
Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore
IISc has a four-year interdisciplinary Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme which combines engineering, exposure to disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, and a year-long research project. Organised into eight semesters, students get to study Biology, Chemistry, Earth & Environmental Science, Materials, Mathematics, and Physics.
The selection at IISc Bangalore is based on:
1. KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana)
2. (IIT) JEE-Main: Appearing in 2017 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD)
3. (IIT) JEE-Advanced: Appearing in 2017 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD)
4. NEET-UG: Appearing in 2017 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PWD)
The application process (online only) for IISc Bangalore ends on 28 April 2017. The Placement Centre of the university offers advice and assistance to students about placement opportunities apart from inviting leading industrial organizations for campus recruitment.
Click here to ace your JEE Main and Advanced preparations.
Click here to crack your NEET-UG exams.
MORE from Education
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project