ICSE, ISC Board exams 2020: CISCE releases revised marking scheme for pending exams
The results of ICSE, ISC Board Exams 2020 will be based on the average marks in the best three subjects. Students’ performance will also be assessed on the basis of marks secured in internal assessment (Class 10) and practical work (Class 12).
The ICSE and ISC board exams 2020 were cancelled after a Supreme Court order to ensure the safety of students due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) has released the revised assessment scheme for the evaluation of the pending papers of the ICSE (Class 10) and ISC (Class 12) examinations 2020.
As per CISCE, three things will be taken into consideration by the board:
1) Average of a student’s performance in best three papers in the board examination (ICSE or ISC).
2) ICSE Class 10 students will be graded on subject internal assessment.
3) ISC Class 12 students will be graded on subject project and practical work.
Components used to arrive at the formula to grade students in the cancelled papers:
- Internal assessment component limited to the marks of the paper
- Students’ performance in the board examination in the subjects that they have already appeared for
Students’ average marks obtained in the best three papers will be considered.
The Council also mentioned that to arrive at the weight, detailed analysis were done on the data from board examinations from 2015 to 2019 and the 2020 board examination. "Most importantly, the weights were so chosen as to ensure fairness to all the candidates appearing in the board examination this year to the best possible extent," CISCE said.
According to a media report, the result of the ICSE, ISC examination 2020 will be declared by 15 July 2020. ICSE and ISC students can check their result on the CISCE official website (www.cisce.org).
Start your new academic year with TopperLearning’s study resources. Get seamless access to sample papers, past years’ papers, most important questions, video lessons, mock tests, weekly tests and much more. For more information on our comprehensive ICSE Class 10 study packs, you can call our academic consultant on 9372462318 or visit TopperLearning.
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project