How A V Gunna managed to secure rank 16 in IIT-JEE 2011?
To help you prepare for JEE, we spoke to a boy who is currently studying in IIT Chennai. He ranked 16 in IIT-JEE and 284 in AIEEE. While the three golden rules remain study, revise and practise, follow these tips for a successful preparation.
1. Make a timetable: You must divide your time between all the subjects you are preparing for and allot time according to your comfort with the subject. If you feel you are weak in a certain subject, you should allot more time for it. You can complete solutions to NCERT, R D Sharma and various other such textbooks at Textbook Solutions.
2. One at a time: Approach one topic at a time and complete its revision before moving onto the next topic. You can judge your knowledge by taking fixed tests in TOPPER AIEEE CRACKER.
3. Make strong points your real strong points: Be 100% thorough with your strong subjects. You need to be absolutely sure about the topics which you think you are good at. Do not divert your attention towards topics which you are unsure about. Practice taking tests with Test Generator in TOPPER AIEEE CRACKER.
4. Create formulas and short notes: Create short notes, list all formulas and points to remember. This will help in quick revision before the examination. You can refer to Exam Success for getting all the necessary resources for preparation for both Board and Entrance Exams.
5. Practice: Just revising is not enough. You need to practise enough to work on your weak areas. Try to do as many number of quality problems as possible to develop a sound confidence level. Toppers learn from their weak areas and practise well in time to correct them by all possible means.
6. Take other competitive exams: Besides mock tests, make it a point to appear in competitive exams such as Topper Pre-Boards, OLYMPIADS, KVPY, SAT, Advanced Placements to brush up on your aptitude and analytical ability.
7. Develop speed and accuracy: Refer to reputed mock test series to build a winning exam temperament. Solve the past year's IIT-JEE papers and get a hold on your weak areas. Focus on your weak areas and improve upon your concepts. Also, practise solving mock tests in AIEEE CRACKER for getting used to tackling questions based on the entrance exam pattern.
8. Do not stress yourself: Do not stress yourself too much. You need to have at least seven hours sleep every night, especially three-four days before IIT-JEE to keep you physically and mentally fit. While short naps may help to regain freshness, avoid over-sleeping during the day.
9. Positive attitude: If one has the right attitude required towards preparation for the exam, then even an average student can think of clearing it with a good score.
10. Prepare for both JEE and CBSE or ICSE Board Exams simultaneously: Most of the topics of IIT-JEE are also covered in the CBSE or ICSE syllabus; hence, it is recommended that you prepare for both exams simultaneously. Practise all NCERT problems while brushing up JEE chapters.
These are the tips and techniques which A V Gunna followed to crack IIT-JEE and AIEEE and secured high ranks. Why not follow them and shine the way he has in these prestigious engineering entrance exams?
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project