Get Set to Ace your CBSE Class XII Business Studies Exam
For you to score well in BST, you need to have sound understanding of how business processes are organised and managed. Read more to know how you can ace your BST Class XII Board paper.
Date: 16 March 2017
Location: CBSE Class XII Exam Centres
The date is out, the stage is set, and students are busy with their dress rehearsals for the grand day. Board exams have always been notorious for triggering stress and nervous breakdowns in both students and parents. There is no cure for feeling jittery because every student, be it the brightest or the most careless among the lot, will always experience the fear of scoring low or worse, failing an exam. Thankfully, the Internet is full of tips and tricks that will help you score well. But which of those tips are really useful? How do you know if the advice that you read is tried, tested, and will boost your scores? Are you going to take the risk of experimenting as a Class XII student?
We are afraid, no. Class XII scores are much more than numbers for students in India. These figures decide the future path for students. For the ones who score well in the XII Boards, there are many quality options to fight for and choose from. For the ones that barely manage to clear the XII Boards, there are many not-so-good options to zero down on. But the struggle is common for any type of student – a studious one or the average one.
If you have chosen to flourish in the field of Commerce, Business Studies (BST) is one of the subjects that must be giving you the jitters right in the middle of a good night’s sleep. Answering your BST paper is not merely about reproducing what you have learnt by rote. Rote learning doesn’t help much once you have cleared senior secondary. For you to score well in BST, you need to have sound understanding of how business processes are organised and managed. This means that you need to trust your ability to think sensibly when attempting your Business Studies paper.
Three things that can make it possible for you to score well in BST are:
1. Quick and logical thinking
2. Prudent understanding of the questions
3. Smart depiction of answers
Before we tell you how to answer your BST paper with ease, you must ask yourself if you have studied the right way for the subject.
WHILE STUDYING BUSINESS STUDIES
- Pay attention in the class when lessons are taught and discussed.
- Feel free to ask your doubts to teachers.
- Have a study plan and work around it on a daily basis.
- Make notes of important concepts and revise regularly.
- Be well-versed with the NCERT book solutions.
- Practise solving papers as often as you can as this will improve your writing speed.
- Write clearly using heading and sub-points to make your answers clear and concise.
- Discuss important topics in your study group to identify your strengths and weaknesses.
IN YOUR EXAMINATION HALL
Quick and Logical Thinking
1. The first 15 minutes have to spent on reading your paper, checking the marks assigned to each question, and planning your answers accordingly.
2. Plan your time between the long and the short answers.
Prudent Understanding of the Questions
1. If the question asks you to ‘Enumerate’, ‘Outline’, ‘List’, or ‘State’, write explanatory points and explain them briefly in sentences.
2.If the question asks you to ‘Describe’, ‘Elaborate’, ‘Explain’, etc write concise but detailed explanations covering all the main points.
3.Do not exceed the word limit while writing your answers or you will fail to complete the paper in time.
Smart Depiction of Answers
1. Headings and key points should be underlined and examples should be used to make your answers crisp and clear.
2. Answers demanding differentiation between two aspects should be written in tabular form.
3. Make diagrams wherever required for visual representation of data.
4. Write in a neat and a readable handwriting.
Business Studies is all about having a good understanding of the principles and practices bearing in business and well as their relationship with the society. So please refrain from rote learning. Unleash the blooming entrepreneur in you by understanding the concepts from the social, economic, technological and the legal perspectives. This will help you do well in your BST paper. Good Luck!
Read More: BST Previous Year Papers
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project