From 2017, Class 12 marks not needed to determine JEE rank
Class 12 marks not needed to determine JEE rank from 2017.
The HRD Ministry recently announced that from next year, the Class 12 marks will no longer be required for determining ranks in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) for admissions to engineering undergraduate courses.
The decision was taken after a committee set up by the IIT Council submitted recommendations on changes in the JEE pattern. They then sought public feedback on the same.
According to an official, after examining the Ashok Mishra Committee's report as well as public feedback, the HRD Ministry decided to green light this decision. The present system of allotting 40% weightage to Class 12 marks for determining ranks in JEE will not be valid anymore. No other changes have been made to the JEE pattern.
MORE from Education
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project