CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2021 - Science Sample Question Paper Released
CBSE has introduced major changes in the paper pattern along with the new marking scheme for its Class 10 Science paper.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has published the Science sample paper based on the changed paper pattern. CBSE sample papers and marking scheme are very important for board exam preparations.
Below are the changes made to the Class 10 Science exam paper pattern:
Difficulty Level and Types of Questions
The sample question paper released by the Board contains questions that test the understanding, practical application and high order thinking skills (HOTS) of the students. The paper includes the following types of questions:
Section A — 1 mark questions: MCQ, VSA, assertion-reason type and paragraph/graph based questions
- This section includes all possible types of very short answer questions: define, give reason, state the principle, explain, state the law, and more.
- Multiple choice type questions can be easy to answer provided you are thorough with the concepts.
- ‘Assertion-Reason type’ continue this year as well and their number has been increased. Assertion means a statement and reason means an explanation about that particular statement. You just need to understand the statement to give the right answer. You can easily score marks in these questions.
- In the new pattern, 4 questions have been framed based on a diagram, a paragraph, a graph or tabular data. The number has been increased substantially this year. The 4 questions have multiple sub-parts carrying 1 mark each. These type of questions require you to analyse the given data carefully, apply your understanding of the concept and arrive at the answer.
Section B — 2 mark questions: Short answers (SA) 1 type questions
- This section is a combination of questions that include the remembering, understanding, application and evaluation type.
- If you carefully analyse the sample paper provided by CBSE, you will notice a new type of question being introduced that is the ‘Creating’ type.
- In these types of questions, you need to compile information by combining elements in a new pattern or proposing alternative solutions.
Section C — 3 mark questions: Short answers (SA) 2 type questions
- This section includes questions of application, evaluation and HOTS type.
- The questions have been framed basis your understanding of the concept and its application in practical life.
Section D — 5 mark questions: Long answers (LA) type questions
- This section comprises questions that are mostly numerical problems in Physics and Chemistry and require a problem-solving approach to deduce the final answer.
- You need to reason out every question in order to score well in this section.
- In Biology, expect diagram-based questions or questions to describe a process in this section.
- Focus on writing precise, point-wise answers to save time and score full marks.
In conclusion, it can be said that the Science sample question paper for Class 10 published by CBSE has a higher difficulty level with increased focus on applications in day-to-day life. Students should keep in mind that understanding of concepts and their applications is key to score well in the CBSE Class 10 Science paper.
MORE from Education
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project