5 Ways to score better marks in the CBSE Class 12 Commerce exams - 2020
Score 90% marks in CBSE Class 12 Commerce exam by keeping your calm and doing the right last minute revision
Many students dream of scoring more than 90% in the CBSE Class 12 exams. Today, you have easy access to CBSE Class 12 Commerce study resources online to achieve your dream scores in the board examinations. All you need is the drive to succeed and some smart learning tactics up your sleeve. To help you with that, we have got 5 strategies to study smartly and score more in your Class 12 exams.
1. General tips for CBSE Class 12 Commerce exam prep:
- Solve sample question papers to practise problems that require different problem-solving approaches. The more you practise, the better you will grasp the problem-solving techniques to score good marks in your Class 12 board exams.
- For attempting long-answer questions during your exam, create a framework of points that you want to cover in the answer. Use the rough area on your answer sheet to write the points. Then, write an elaborate answer using the reference points.
- Learn to manage your time effectively during your exams by attempting timed mock tests. You can use previous years’ papers for the mock tests. For self-evaluation, use model answers of the previous years’ papers.
2. CBSE Class 12 Commerce subject-specific tips to score more marks
Here are some subject-specific tactics to get you through the Class 12 Commerce exams:
- Tips to score good marks in CBSE Class 12 Accountancy
Watch concept videos to relearn advanced Accountancy concepts. Prior to your final exam, practise questions from previous years’ Accountancy papers to build your confidence. On your exam day, read each question multiple times before answering the question.
- Ways to score more marks in CBSE Class 12 Business Studies
In the Business Studies exam, you will find questions based on case studies. The purpose of case studies is to assess your skills in solving problems by applying the concepts covered in your Business Studies syllabus. Read Business Studies NCERT solutions for quick revision of important topics a day before your final exam. Also, model answers for case study questions by expert teachers will give you an idea of the answering approach expected by exam evaluators.
In addition, read our blog on expert tips and tricks to score full marks in the CBSE Class 12 Business Studies paper
- How to score well in CBSE Class 12 Commerce Economics?
CBSE Class 12 is divided into two parts – Microeconomics and Macroeconomics. Begin your revision with Microeconomics. Then, move on to study the topics in Macroeconomics. Utilise the Economics practice papers and previous years’ question papers to attempt questions as per your paper pattern. Practice questions will help you understand what to expect in your Economics exam and prepare accordingly.
- Tactics for scoring better marks in CBSE Class 12 Commerce Mathematics
There is no shortcut to scoring good marks in Maths. You need to practise Maths problems to attain the capabilities to solve problems based on topics such as integrals, differential equations, linear programming, derivatives etc. Chapter-wise CBSE Class 12 NCERT solutions are ideal for revision of concepts as per your Maths syllabus. If you have the time to practise more, attempt sample papers, practice tests and previous years’ papers.
3. Don’t overexert yourself
You definitely need to work hard and spend enough time on revision. However, the secret to succeeding in your exams is not just working hard but in smartly managing your study schedule. You may have a vast syllabus to cover during your revision. Do not try to gobble every topic in one go. Split the topics in each subject on the basis of weightage. Then, divide the topics as per your syllabus in terms of difficulty. Now, create a study plan to tackle the topics as per the available time.
Also, you may need to set aside more time for practising application-based questions from Accountancy and Mathematics. Don’t panic if you miss out on completing revision as per your plan. Rearrange your study plan as required. You need to realise that you can save more time when you avoid overexerting yourself to the point of unwanted stress. When you feel immensely pressurised during exams, take a break for a few minutes. Do a short breathing exercise if needed. Then, return to your desk and continue your revision.
4. Study with your friends
If you enjoy group study and have studious friends, sit with your friends to revise topics. You can watch CBSE Class 12 Commerce online concept videos together and discuss questions from NCERT solutions based on those concepts. When you are running short of time, you can spend time discussing Class 12 Commerce NCERT solutions of important chapters and discuss the methods used by experts to solve various problems.
5. Managing confidence issues
To cope with exam-triggered nervousness, you can attempt sample papers or past years’ papers. Attempting a few mock exams will build your confidence to face your final exam papers. You may have appeared for numerous exams the entire year, but confidence issues may still trouble you. However, feeling a little nervous prior to an important exam such as CBSE Class 12 Commerce is normal.
At times, nervousness can help you to stay alert and perform better. But if you do not manage to gain control over your nervousness, you may lose focus and forget steps or formulae on the day of your exam. Try to stay cheerful by remembering a happy memory using old photos or listen to a favourite song. Taking a few minutes out to do things that you enjoy can ease your stress. In addition, meditation can help you to stay calm and manage your exam stress effectively.
For reviewing all the important answers and practice material for CBSE Class 12 Commerce exam 2020 click here:
Important topic for your reference:
You may also get expert advice from subject matter experts and get your doubts cleared in 24 hours at Ask the expert or call our counsellor on 1800-212-7858.
MORE from India
latest from Topper Learning
- Education Franchisee opportunity
- NCERT Solution
- CBSE Class 9 Mathematics
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Science
- Sample Papers
- CBSE Class 9 Science
- NCERT Solutions for class 10 Maths
- Revision Notes
- CBSE Class 10 Hindi
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 English
- CBSE Class 10 Social Studies
- CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Mathematics
- Career In Science After 10
- Career In Commerce After 10
- Career In Humanities/Arts After 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 10
- Ncert Solutions for Class 11
- Business Studies Class 12 CBSE project