you have given a primary cell and a secondary cell of the same emf. From which cell will you be able to draw larger current and why?
Asked by justin | 21st Mar, 2015, 07:54: PM
A larger current will be drawn from the secondary cell.
The primary cell has larger internal resistance than the secondary cell.
So, the secondary cell will draw larger current because of its smaller internal resistance.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 23rd Mar, 2015, 12:35: PM
- in Current electricity, in section batteries and EMF, we studied that,in a battery a internal mechanism exerts forces on the charges of battery... sir can you please explain, how this force drives the charge in a battery and why these forces drive charges in that manner? please explain sir..
- What is potential gradient along the wire Reading of voltmeter
- pls solve
- A battery of end E and internal resistance r is used in a circuit with a variable external resistance R. Find the value of R for which the power consumed in R is maximum.
- By using the graph of terminal potential difference with external resistance how can we find internal resistance
- A 9 V battery is connected in series with a resistor .The terminal voltage is found to be 8 V. Current through the circuit is measured as 5 A. What is the internal resistance of the battery?
- Establish the expression for current flowing through an external resistance R connected to a cell of e.m.f. E and internal resistance r.
- Draw a circuit diagram for the comparying of emf of two primary cell using a potentiometer
- two cells of voltage 10 v and 2 v and internal resistances of 10ohm and 5 ohm respectively, are connected in parallel with positive end of 10v battery connected to negative pole of 2v battery.find the effective voltage and effective internal resistance of the combination.
- What do you know about the internal resistance of the cell? On what factors does it depend?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number