you find your mass to be 42 kg on a weighting . is your mass more or less than 42 kg ?EXPLAINNNN!!!
Asked by sinha.nid25 | 11th Nov, 2014, 04:23: PM
As we stand on weighing machine, there is always upthrust acts on body. Due to this force body gets pushed upward. So appeared weight of body is nothing but original weight of the body minus upthurst causing the weighing machine shows a reading less than the actual mass. Therefore our mass is more than 42 kg.
Concept Insight -The upthrust of air acting on the body reduces the weight of the body.
Answered by Priyanka Kumbhar | 12th Nov, 2014, 09:34: AM
- bhai a liquid used to operate the break in a car
- why iron nail sink in water while a boat floats
- 𝖉𝖊𝖋𝖎𝖓𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘𝖚𝖗𝖊
- find the greatest and least pressure which a metal block of size 5cm*10cm *15cm can exert if the mass of block is 50 kg
- A wooden cuboid has a mass of 8 kg.The length , breadth and height of this wooden cuboid are 100 cm , 50 cm and 20cm respectively.Find the pressure on the floors on which this block is kept.
- A solid weighs 2.10g in air.its relative density is 8.4.how much the body will weigh in water and in a liquid of relative density 1.2.
- why does rain fall in drops and not pour all together ?
- Define thrust and pressure
- Give the units for Force, Acceleration due to gravity, Gravitational Constant and Pressure.
- Calculate the pressure exerted by a cube of side 6cm and mass 2kg kept on a table.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number