you are provided with a piece of rock and common laboratory equipments.how will you proceed to find its density.
Asked by dkhuntia78 | 22nd Jul, 2020, 02:34: AM
To find velocity first we must know the volume and mass.
Mass can be measured using weighing balance.
Volume can be find using displacement method.
Finding the volume of irregular solid like rock using displacment method: -
Once, we know mass and volume, density of rock can be calculated using formula,
Density = mass/volume
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 22nd Jul, 2020, 07:36: PM
- what is density?
- When a piece of cork is put into the water it starts floating on the surface of water due to the upward buoyant force from water.
- what are fluids?
- What is the unit of density?
- What happens if the bouyant force of liquid is equal to or greater than or less than the solid object which is to be immersed into the liquid
- what is the relationship between boyant force and displaced water
- pressure at certain depth in river water is p1.,same depth in sea water is p2.which of following is correct? a)p1=p2 b)p1>p2 c)p1<p2 d)p1-p2=atmospheric pressure
- why is it easier for a person to swim in sea water than in fresh water?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number