Wrkte the name of tne reason that converts alkene to alkanes . Show the chemical equation to show the necessary conditions.
Asked by aahlad06 | 10th Jan, 2018, 09:23: PM
The change of alkene to alkane is an addition reaction and it is carried out by addition of hydrogen to alkenes.The reaction is known as hydrogenation.
When ethene and hydrogen are passed over finely divided catalysts such as platinum or palladium at ordinary temperature or nickel at 200oC, two atoms of hydrogen molecule are added to the unsaturated molecule, which thus becomes a saturated one i.e., ethane
Answered by Ramandeep | 11th Jan, 2018, 09:57: AM
- Describe an activity with diagram to illustrate that the reaction of metal carbonates and metal bicarbonates with acids produces carbon dioxide. Write the relevant equations of all the reactions that take place. Name any two forms in which calcium carbonate is found in nature.
- write chemical equation representing methane combustion
- how do carbon undergoes combustion reaction? give 3 examples
- Question 1. Why is the conversation of ethanol of ethanoic acid an oxidation reaction? Question 2. A mixture of oxygen and ethyne is burnt for welding? Can you tell why a mixture of ethyne and air is not used?
- Explain cleansing action of soap 5marks
- how methanol is formed from carbon and water
- formation of ester?
- please explain IUPAC nomenclature
- what is the bond in vanaspati ghee?
- why are carbon and carbon compounds used as fuel
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number