Write up that friction evil or friend for animals
Asked by minuchahar86 | 29th Jan, 2022, 05:14: PM
Friction is a necessary evil. There are instances in daily life where friction is a necessity.
Friction as a friend:
Friction plays a vital role in our daily life.
Construction of buildings is possible only because of friction.
We are able to write because of friction between the paper and the tip of the pen.
Without friction between our shoes and the ground, we will not be able to walk.
A horse cannot pull a cart unless friction provides him a secure foothold.
Friction as a foe:
The main disadvantage of friction is that it produces heat in the moving parts of machines which causes wear and tear of the parts.
It opposes the motion.A lot of energy is wasted in overcoming friction.
It causes wear and tear of the soles of shoes.
Due to friction, noise is also produced in machines.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 29th Jan, 2022, 08:49: PM
- Why does a ball moving on the ground eventually come to rest
- What are the four factors on which friction depends ?
- Why we fall on a banana peel?
- The force needed to start a cart is (somewhat) greater than the force neede to keep it moving with a uniform speed.
- How does friction helps in writing
- Why do you rub your hands together on chilled mornings?
- Brakes on cars will work best if the friction between the brake shoes and wheels is reduced. True or false
- Explain that friction is a friend or foe with best examples.Please answer this quickly as this is very urgent.
- Explain why sportsmen use shoes with spikes.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number