Write two examples of the secondary metabolites for the following categories which are of commercial importance:
Asked by Topperlearning User | 17th Jul, 2014, 04:10: PM
- Alkaloids - Codeine, Morphine
- Drugs - Curcumin, Vinblastine
Answered by | 17th Jul, 2014, 06:10: PM
- State the common feature found in all compounds of the acid pool.
- Name the four inorganic compounds present in the acid-insoluble fraction of the slurry of living tissue and trichloroacetic acid.
- What are biomacromolecules?
- Which parts of the cells form an acid-insoluble fraction?
- Differentiate between primary metabolites and secondary metabolites.
- Lipids are part of the acid-insoluble fraction, but they are not strictly macromolecules. Justify.
- Give an example of a lectin.
- Name two alkaloids and flavonoids.
- Name two different kinds of helical macromolecules. Give the number of monomers per turn of the helix.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number