write the names of first two members of homologous series Alkenes?
Asked by rs1702 | 7th Jan, 2019, 12:03: PM
A homologous series is a group of organic compounds having a similar structure and similar chemical properties in which the successive compounds differ by a CH2 group.
Ethene is the first member and propene is the second member of the alkene series.
Structure of ethene and propene is given below:
CH2 = CH2 CH3 - CH = CH2
Answered by Ramandeep | 7th Jan, 2019, 12:26: PM
- lewis dot structure and explanation of H2SO4 and CO
- Show me the electron dot structure of CH2(Methylene).Also show the bonding.(2 or 3 marks)
- What are carbon compounds?
- mam/sir, I made one formula to find the number of covalent bonds between the hydrocarbon so please will you tell me that it really works or not
- What is the importance of homologous series
- Explain Carbon Atomic structure
- carbon and its ccompound give the example of 30 different type chain with thier name
- A compound 'X' is C2H4. Draw its electron dot structure.Will it dissolve in water or not? Will it conduct electricity in aqueous solution? Will it have high melting or low melting point?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number