Write the molecular formula of cyclohexane and benzene. How are they different?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 22nd May, 2014, 09:58: AM
Molecular formula :
i) Cyclohexane : C6H12
ii) Benzene : C6H6
Though both contain six carbon atoms but cyclohexane is a saturated hydrocarbon and benzene is an unsaturated hydrocarbon.
Answered by | 22nd May, 2014, 11:58: AM
- What are carbon compounds?
- mam/sir, I made one formula to find the number of covalent bonds between the hydrocarbon so please will you tell me that it really works or not
- What is the importance of homologous series
- write the names of first two members of homologous series Alkenes?
- Explain Carbon Atomic structure
- carbon and its ccompound give the example of 30 different type chain with thier name
- A compound 'X' is C2H4. Draw its electron dot structure.Will it dissolve in water or not? Will it conduct electricity in aqueous solution? Will it have high melting or low melting point?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number