Write the equation representing the adsorption of a solute from a solution by bred if arc method
Asked by lekhakarthikeyan | 6th Aug, 2018, 07:39: PM
Electro-disintegration ( Bredig’s method):
- This process involves dispersion as well as condensation.
- This method is mainly used for obtaining colloidal solutions of metals like gold, silver, platinum, etc.
- An electric arc is struck between the two metallic electrodes suspended in a dispersion medium.
- The high heat of arc converts the metal into vapours which are condensed immediately in the ice cold water bath giving the particles of colloidal size.
Answered by Varsha | 7th Aug, 2018, 01:55: PM
- What type of sol is formed by iron hydroxide
- What are the 6 factors that influence adsorption
- Adsorption and absorption what is the difference in them.
- define the adsorption isobar
- define the extent of adsorption
- define enthalpy of adsorption
- how does the extent of adsorption in the solution phase vary with concentration of solution
- what are the factors that influence the adsorption of gas on a solid
- Surface Chemistry 1) define . enthalpy of adsorption and extent of adsorption and adorption isobar 2) what are the factors that influence the the adsorption of a gas on a solid ? 3) how does the extent of adsorption in the solution phase vary with concentration of solution ? 4) name the two groups into which the phenomenon of catalysis can be divided . Give an example of each group which chemical equation involved . 5)difference b/w peptisation and coagulation 6) explain Hardy Schulze rule THANKYOU
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number