Write short note on stability of emulsions.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 2nd Jun, 2014, 01:29: PM
Emulsions are generally prepared by vigorously shaking two liquids. Since the two liquids do not mix well, the emulsion is generally unstable and the two liquids may separate out on standing for sometime. Therefore to form stable emulsions small quantities of certain other substances are added during their preparation. The substances which are added to stabilize the emulsions are called emulsifier or emulsifying agent. The substance that are commonly used as emulsifying agent are gum, soap of different forms, gelatin, albumin etc.
Answered by | 2nd Jun, 2014, 03:29: PM
- What do you mean by emulsion and emulsification?
- What do you mean by (a) alcosol (b) hydrosol?
- What is the environmental importance of aerosols?
- What type of colloidal system foam is? Give example.
- Classify emulsions and give example of each kind.
- Give a test to distinguish between two types of emulsions.
- What kind of colloid is fog?
- Explain a sol & gel and how they can be inter converted.
- Give two examples of man made colloids and natural colloids.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number