Write is the lewis dot structure of HNO3 and NH4
using the proper steps.(find A ,N and S)
Asked by maneeshasarmapdm | 11th Oct, 2018, 04:54: PM
Lewis Dot Structure
Lewis dot structures can be written by adopting the following steps:
- Sum of valence electrons from all atoms
- It does not matter which atom they come from
- Add 1 e− for each (−) charge
- Subtract 1 e− for each (+) charge
- Spot the central and terminal atoms and write the skeletal structure.
- Draw a bond between each pair of atoms as appropriate.
- Each bond uses up 2 of the available e−.
- Assign remaining e− to terminal elements first until the duet rule has been met for H and the octet rule has been met for all others.
- If there is leftover e−, then place them first on the central atoms to complete their octets. If there are additional e− still left, then place them on central atoms which have empty d orbitals.
- If all e− are used up and the central atoms do not have completed octets, move one or more lone pairs to form a multiple bond.
Lewis Dot Structure of Some Molecules/Ions:
Answered by Ramandeep | 12th Oct, 2018, 12:14: PM
- Sir , How can we compare the Electonegativty of Hybrid Orbitals . OR plz explain me how to write them in INC or DEC order
- Structure of Xef2
- formal charge on O3
- chemical bonding
- What is Py + Py bond
- Bonding for carbon tetrachloride
- What is hybridization
- why electron free in copper wire
- Calculate the number of sigma bonds and pi bonds in 2-propyl pent -1-ene?
- What are the limitations of Octet rule.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number