Write in brief the diseases caused by fungi.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 24th May, 2016, 02:03: PM
- Fungal diseases can occur in humans as well as in plants.
- Ringworm and athlete’s foot are common fungal diseases observed in humans.
- In plants, they cause several diseases. For example, a species named Phytopthora causes late blight in potato plants, which is characterized by the appearance of black patches on the undersurfaces of the leaflets.
- It also causes wilting of the leaves and rotting of the tubers.
- The same fungus destroys tomato, black pepper and vanilla crops.
- Smuts and rusts of cereal crops also caused by fungi result in heavy loss of crops.
Answered by | 24th May, 2016, 04:03: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number