Write functions of any two components of xylem.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 30th Sep, 2016, 02:13: PM
Tracheids, xylem vessels, xylem fibres and xylem parenchyma are the components of xylem.
Function of tracheid:
Provide mechanical support by developing various types of thickenings in their walls.
Function of xylem vessels:
Allow free flow of water and minerals in a vertical direction from the roots to the leaves.
Function of xylem fibres:
Supports the plant.
Function of xylem parenchyma:
Helps in conduction of water and minerals.
Answered by | 30th Sep, 2016, 04:13: PM
- Cellular structure of sclenchyma
- Why stomata is in plants
- in ch - tissue in the process of phloem and xylem how the water goes up from roots to plants,as their is gravitation too,so how??
- explain me about simple permenant tissue
- Identify the group comprising specialized tissues for conduction of water in the body
- Distinguish between meristematic tissue and permanent tissue
- Name and describe two protective tissues of plants.Give their another function as well.
- entry of water by root hair is an example of.....
- entry of water by root hair is an example of what
- How many types of elements together make up the xylem tissue? Name them
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number