Write functions of any two components of phloem.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 30th Sep, 2016, 02:13: PM
Sieve tubes, companion cells, phloem fibres and phloem parenchyma are the components of phloem.
Function of sieve tubes:
Translocation of organic substances through perforated walls from one adjacent cell to another.
Function of companion cells:
Help to control the activity of sieve tube elements.
Function of phloem parenchyma:
Transports food, i.e. sugars and amino acids from leaves to other non-green parts of plants such as growing stems and roots.
Function of phloem fibres:
Provide mechanical strength to the plant
Answered by | 30th Sep, 2016, 04:13: PM
- Cellular structure of sclenchyma
- Why stomata is in plants
- in ch - tissue in the process of phloem and xylem how the water goes up from roots to plants,as their is gravitation too,so how??
- explain me about simple permenant tissue
- Identify the group comprising specialized tissues for conduction of water in the body
- Distinguish between meristematic tissue and permanent tissue
- Name and describe two protective tissues of plants.Give their another function as well.
- entry of water by root hair is an example of.....
- entry of water by root hair is an example of what
- How many types of elements together make up the xylem tissue? Name them
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number