Write any two characteristics of series combination of capacitors.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 22nd Apr, 2015, 10:59: AM
The characteristics of series combination of capacitors are:
- Charge on each capacitor is the same.
- Potential difference across individual capacitor is inversely proportional to their capacitance.
Answered by | 22nd Apr, 2015, 12:59: PM
- Sir For how much marks it can be asked
- What is the importance of joining capacitors in series and parallel?
- What is the use of Van de Graff generator?
- Why neutrons can not be accelerated using a Van de Graff generator?
- There are two capacitors of capacitance C1 and C2 connected in series. Calculate the equivalent capacitance of the system.
- Find the equivalent capacitance of capacitors C1 and C2 connected in parallel.
- Find the total charge and the charge stored between the plates of each capacitor.
- The spherical metal shell in a Van de Graff type generator is supposed to be a 3 x 107 V electrode. The dielectric strength of the gas surrounding the electrode is 5 x 107 Vm-1. What is the minimum radius of the spherical shell required?
- Find the value of C in the following fig., if equivalent capacitance between A and B is 30μf.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number