Write about the 3R technology in waste management.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 16th Jun, 2014, 01:35: PM
We can follow the 3R approach - reduce, reuse and recycle - for effective waste management.
Reduce: One can reduce the amount of solid waste at the source itself. Example: Use of less paper and less plastic carry bags.
Reuse: One can use plastic bottles and jars, aluminium foils and plastic bags over and over again, before recycling or disposing them of.
Recycle: Used and discarded materials like plastic, glass, paper and metal are sent to the respective industries, where they can be converted into other useful products.
Answered by | 16th Jun, 2014, 03:35: PM
- Mention how e-waste is produced and disposed of. Write the solution for its treatment.
- What is integrated organic farming?
- Name any four toxic compounds found in defunct ships.
- Why is nuclear waste said to be an extremely potent pollutant?
- What does hospital waste include? How can we get rid of wastes generated in hospitals?
- What are radioactive elements? How do radiations affect the body cells?
- What is nuclear fallout?
- State the differences between biodegradable and non-biodegradable wastes.
- What is polyblend? Why did plastic manufacturers think of producing polyblend? Write its usefulness.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number