Write a short note on the process of filtration.
Asked by gayatribki | 12th Jan, 2016, 03:12: PM
Waste water can be treated to remove large impurities by the process of filtration.
Water is filtered through the layers of sand, fine gravel and medium gravel. Filtration makes the waste water clean from various types of impurities. The water is filtered continuously until it becomes clear. The filtered water is then treated with a disinfectant such as chlorine and stirred to obtain completely clear water.
At homes, water is filtered through the following equipments:
- Water can also be passed through a porcelain candle filter where most of the bacteria are trapped.
- Porcelain filters cannot remove viruses from water.
- An ultraviolet filter can also be directly attached to the tap.
- The water which we draw from this tap passes through this filter.
- The ultraviolet light kills the germs present in water.
Answered by Sheetal Kolte | 12th Jan, 2016, 03:46: PM
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number