Write a short note on Reimer Tiemann reaction.
Asked by Topperlearning User | 27th Mar, 2014, 04:54: PM
When phenol is treated with chloroform in presence of aqueous sodium or potassium hydroxide at 340K followed by hydrolysis of the resulting product gives 2-hydroxybenzaldehyde as the major product. This reaction is called Reimer-Tiemann reaction.
Answered by | 27th Mar, 2014, 06:54: PM
- Phenol is less acidic than a. ethanol b. o-nitrophenol c. o-methylphenol d. o-methoxyphenol
- sir/madam pls help me to answer both the questions plssss......
- C6H6O + CO2 + NaOH --
- Pl ans sir ...
- How phenol is used in the manufacture of drugs like aspirin?
- Which one among alcohols and phenols are more acidic and why?
- State the general uses of phenol.
- What happens when phenol is heated with phthalic anhydride in presence of conc. H2SO4?
- How can you get p-cresol from Phenol?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number