why "Z" (no. of atoms present per unit cell) for cscl is 1?
Asked by Nishtha Sardana | 11th Jul, 2014, 11:50: AM
CsCl unit cell is commonly mistaken as BCC structure, but even if there is a center atom in the unit cell, CsCl is really a Non-closed packed structure type. Hence CsCl has 1 atom per unit cell.
8 Corners of a given atom x 1/8 of the given atom's unit cell = 1 atom
Answered by Prachi Sawant | 14th Jul, 2014, 11:46: AM
- give a relationship between nearest neighbour distance(d),radius of atom(r), edge of unit cell(a), for fcc and BCC crystal
- what is the number of octahedral sites per sphere in a f.c.c. structure.
- Show that edge centered cube and body centered cube has 2 atoms.
- Calculate formulas if atom A forms ccp, B occupies ½ tetrahedral void & atom C occupies all octahedral void.
- Ferric oxide crystalises as hexagonal close packing array of oxide ion two out of every three one octaheddral holes is occupied by ferric ions.derive the formula of ferric oxide .
- How do we identify primitive and centered cell.
- Distinguish between Triclinic and monoclinic unit cell.
- Name all the primitive unit cell in which all 3 sides are different.
- Element crystallizes as BCC. How many atom will be present in the unit cell of the element.
- Aluminium crystallizes as FCC. Calculate number of atoms that wil be present in the unit cell.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number