Why we don't hurt when we jump on muddy floor compared to hard floor
Asked by arti.iuac | 6th Mar, 2019, 11:13: AM
As we know from newton second law of motion that force is directly proportional to rate of change of momentum, if time taken to change momentum is large the force will be less and vice versa.
When we jump in mud the time take to change the velocity zero is more so the reaction force applied by surface is less.
But when we jump on hard surface velocity suddenly becomes zero so time taken here is less so the force will be large.
Answered by Ankit K | 6th Mar, 2019, 11:34: AM
- Which of the following events does not depend upon Newton 's third law of motion? a]flying of a bird b]Catching of a cricket ball c]walking on the ground d]recoil of a gun
- A certain amount of force produces an acceleration of 8 M/S2 square on an object of mass 750 gram what would be the mass of another object on which the same force produces an acceleration of 12m/S2 there what acceleration this force produced if the two bodies are tied together
- a car of mass 800g is travelling with a velocity of 20m/s . when the brakes are applied. it stops after travelling a distance of 8m.find the retarding force and retardation
- a body of mass 5kg starts and roll down 32m of aninclined plane in 4sec,find the force acting on the body
- A 4 kg block on an inclined plane is acted upon by a horizontal force of 40N as shown in the figure (please refer the image attached). The coefficient of kinetic friction between the block and the plane is 0.3. What is the acceleration of the block if it is moving up the plane?(sin37° = 0.6) A) 1.6 m/s^2 up along the plane B) 1.6 m/s^2 down the plane C) 2 m/s^2 up along the plane D) 2 m/s^2 down the plane
- Why does a fielder pull his arms back while trying to catch a cricket ball?
- Give relationship between force and acceleration.
- Two similar trucks are moving with a same velocity on a road. One of them is loaded while the other is empty. Which of the two will require a larger force to stop it?
- A force of 100 N acts on a body of mass 20 kg. Find the acceleration of the body?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number