why water is know as universal solvent....???
Asked by chandraganta1972 | 3rd May, 2015, 03:17: PM
Water is capable of dissolving a variety of different substances due to which it is a good solvent and as it dissolves more substances than any other liquid it is known as universal solvent.
Answered by Arvind Diwale | 4th May, 2015, 10:05: AM
- Is the atoms of gold are somewhat more inactive than other elements ? If then why?
- DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN MIXTURES AND COMPOUND
- Arrange the gases present in air in increasing order of their boiling points.
- type of mixture
- To prepare A) Mixture. B). A compound Using iron fillings and sulphur powder and distinguish between these on basis of 1) appearance 2) behavior toward magnet 3) effect of heat
- Give two reasons to justify water at room temperature is liquid
- Name two types of pure substances.
- Describe pure substances along with an example.
- Compound is a pure substance whereas mixture is not. Explain.
- Give two examples each of homogeneous and heterogeneous mixture.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number