Why water is essential for acids and base to change the colour of litmus paper?
Asked by satishsingh881 | 12th May, 2014, 05:45: PM
Water is essential for acids and base to change the colour of litmus paper because water provides H+ and OH- ions environment and helps to change the color quickly.
Answered by Hanisha Vyas | 12th May, 2014, 06:29: PM
- why HNO3 acid does not react with aluminium?
- What are acids and bases?
- How do acids and bases react with metals
- about acid
- why H2SO4 called as king of all acids?
- example of organic and inorganic acid
- How strong are acid and base solution
- What is acid
- Example of organic and inorganic acid
- Royal water is prepared by mixing 2 acids A and B. a) Identify A and B. b) What is the ratio in which A and B are mixed ?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number