why some people are blind by birth
Asked by Kavita | 20th Dec, 2015, 01:58: PM
Some babies are born blind or with severe vision loss from birth.
This can be caused due to various factors like:
(a) Abnormalities in the development of the eye.
(b) Injury to the eye structures due to prematurity related retinopathy or by developmental problems.
(c) Injury to the parts of the brain responsible for vision.
(d) Genetic or metabolic diseases.
(e) Defects or abnormalities in the eye itself (like coloboma, glaucoma, cataract).
(f) Infections by viruses such as cytomegalovirus (CMV).
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 21st Dec, 2015, 02:16: PM
- Arrange the parts in one order from the fornt of the eya
- What is Iris explain IN detail
- give solution of this question
- what is yellow spot in human eye??
- Amit suffering from myopia is not able to see distantly the objects placed beyond five from his eyes. List possible reason due to which this defect of vision may have a rising. With the help of a diagram explain; (a) why the student is unable to see the objects placed beyond 5 metre. (b) type of corrective lens used to restore proper vision and how is defect is corrected by the use of this lens. (C) if in this case, the numerical value of the focal length of the corrective lens is 5 metre find the power of the lens as per the new cartesian sign convention
- why do things appear unclear when we enter a dark room from outside?
- Is the distance between lens and retina of the eye always remains the same?
- Is focal length of eye lens fixed?
- What is accomdation of eye
- Why 'u' in myopia is considered as infinity
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number