Why should discard biodegradable and non-biodegradable substances separately in separate bins?
Asked by R ADITYA NARAYANAN | 1st Mar, 2015, 05:00: PM
We should discard biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste separately as it helps in proper management of waste materials.
Both biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste materials differ in their natural composition and hence are degraded in a different manner. Biodegradable waste is acted upon by microorganisms and is degraded, whereas non-biodegradable waste such as glass and plastic has to be melted and reused.
Hence if we separately discard biodegradable and non-biodegradable waste materials it reduces the cost that has to be spent on scavengers to separate these waste mateial and helps in efficient waste management.
Answered by Aniket Vyawahare | 2nd Mar, 2015, 10:29: AM
- What is the answer for this question?
- What are the disadvantage s of exploiting resources with short term aim
- who are stakeholders of forests? what are their role?
- What are stakeholders?
- Is ground water renewable or non renewable resource?
- What is ethnobotany ?
- What is the importance of stakeholders ☺☺☺❓❓ Pls teachers do give the the answer as fast as possible 🙏🙏🙏🙏
- Chapter 16: Management of Natural Resources 1.State an instance where human intervention saved the forests from destruction. 2.List any two additional systems of water harvesting. 3.Why must we conserve our forests? List any two causes for deforestation to take place. 4.How do advantages of exploiting natural resources with short-term aims differ from the advantages of managing our resources with a long-term perspective?  5.What is meant by sustainable management? Environmentalists insiston ‘sustainablenatural resource management’.State its four advantages.  6.What is meant by exploitation of resources with short-term aims? List its four advantages. 7.Is water conservation necessary? Give reasons. 8.Describe the various methods of sustainable management of forests.
- Explain the importance of recycling in the imagination of substanable devolepment and give any two examples?
- What is meant by blue revolution?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number