why root 5 upon 2 is not a rational no.
Asked by agarwalliza8 | 10th Jun, 2021, 11:30: AM
If ( √5 / 2 ) is a rational number , then we write ( √5 / 2 ) as
( √5 / 2 ) = p / q
where p and q are integer
Then , we rewrite above expression as
√5 = ( 2p) / q
where 2p is another integer .
It means √5 is expressed as fraction so that an integer divided by other integer which is not true
because we know that √5 is irrartional number .
Hence our initial assumption ( √5 / 2 ) = p / q is false .
Hence ( √5 / 2 ) is not a rational number
Answered by Thiyagarajan K | 20th Sep, 2021, 08:46: AM
- 144/84 solution
- subtract 15 from -17
- express 0.35(bar on 35) + 4.24(bar on 4) in p/q form
- express 1.32 bar + 0.35 bar as a fraction in simplest form
- 22/7 is a irrational number
- insert 16 rational numbers between 2.1 an d 2.2
- what are rational numbers ?
- Find six rational numberbetween2and3
- the decimal representation of the numbers 8/27
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number