Why pencil bends in water? Explain in hindi
Asked by grenu667 | 15th May, 2019, 10:35: PM
A pencil partially immersed in water in a glass container appears bent because of refraction of light when light passes from water into air.
The pencil appear to be bend in water because the rays appear to come from A' due to refraction from denser medium (water) to rarer medium (air) at the surface separating two media.
Answered by Shiwani Sawant | 16th May, 2019, 11:25: AM
- What is light reflection and refraction?
- A lens of focal length 20 cm forms the image of a bright object kept 30 cm from it on a screen. If the lens is replaced by another lens, the object has to be moved by 5 cm to obtain a sharp image on the screen. Find the possible values of the focal length of the second lens.
- why piece of glass disappears when immersed in glycerine – why?
- What is scttering of light?
- Why does a lemon kept in a glass tumbler appear bigger than its actual size?
- Pls answer my question
- what is refraction?
- A coin kept at the bottom of a glass bowl full of water appears to be higher than it actually is.With the help of a labelled diagram,explain why this happens.answer in brief
- What is a prism and how many are the principal sections of a prism?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number