why not we can't we can control nuclear fusion reaction?
Asked by megha.sharma2078 | 7th Sep, 2015, 04:15: PM
A fusion reaction involves collision of lighter hydrogen nuclei to form heavier helium nucleus.
This process involves having a plasma of such hydrogen nuclei. This plasma expands and cools down rapidly and so confining them is a big problem.
In the Sun, large gravity acts as a confinement but on Earth it is not possible beyond a limit.
So, controlling a nuclear reaction is not possible on Earth.
Answered by Romal Bhansali | 7th Sep, 2015, 07:19: PM
- What is bombarding with 'low energy neutrons'? ?
- What is solar constant
- how does a water. mill and a wind mill work
- what is solar cell
- compare and contrast fossil fuels and the sun as direct sources of energy
- state true or false inside a nuclear reactor there are several rods of uranium used as coolant.
- Sir / Madam, the answer in mcq for sun is exhaustible or inexhaustible is exhaustible. But according to google sun stop shining after about 5 billion years because all the hydrogen in its core will run out which is the main fuel due to the sun produces light . So, how is sun an exhaustible resource...... https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1DFOC_enIN722IN722&sxsrf=ALeKk01FxDzzR6NaiqJemSXjUgozE6Es6A%3A1583300076347&ei=7D1fXuboFOOZmgewopyQBA&q=will+sun+someday+stop+shining&oq=will+sun+someday+stop+shining&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i22i30.3573.5587..6812...0.2..0.274.1316.0j6j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.xERtvtCTqGA&ved=0ahUKEwjmjv60jIDoAhXjjOYKHTARB0IQ4dUDCAs&uact=5 ( FOR REFERENCE).
- write the energy conversion that takes place in hydropwer plant
- Write difference between thermal power and hydro power plant on the basis of energy generation
- What is the basis of nuclear energy.Explain briefly.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number