ICSE Class 10 Answered
why melting and boiling points of metal decreases down the group??
why melting and boiling point of metal first increses across a period , till 14A and then decreses??
- Different groups show different trends in boiling and melting points.
- The boiling and melting points decrease as you move down the group in group 1 and group 2.
- The boiling and melting points mostly increase as you move down the group for transition metals, but they increase for the zinc family.
- In Groups 13 and 14, there is a decrease in boiling and melting points as you move down the group.
- In Groups 15, 16, and 17, the melting and boiling points tend to increase in both.
- Group 18 decrease in their boiling and melting points down the group.
Trends in Properties of Elements - Part 1This video explains trends in the atomic radii of elements in the periodic ...
Symbolic RepresentationThis video explains atomic number, mass number and their symbolic represent...
Modern Periodic TableUnderstand the Modern periodic law, periods and rows, and trends in period...
Trends in Properties of Elements - Part 2This video explains trends in the ionic radii, ionisation energy, electron ...
Trends in Modern Periodic TableUnderstand the Modern periodic law, periods and rows, and trends in period...