why is yeast important in the food industry .explain by citing the role of yeast in baking and vinegar production.
Asked by nathsantanukumar | 18th Sep, 2018, 08:32: PM
Yeast is used in the baking industry for making bread, pastries and cakes. Yeast is also used for commercial production of alcohol and wine.
It is used in making bread. Carbon dioxide produced during fermentation is trapped in the dough which helps the bread rise when baked, giving it the required lightness and soft texture. Yeast is also used in making vinegar. Sugar is converted into alcohol, which is then fermented into vinegar.
Answered by Sivanand Patnaik | 19th Sep, 2018, 09:17: AM
- When did the green revolution started
- write any two exaple of food product that are obtained sith the help of microbes
- what is weeding
- the three cropping pattern
- What will lead to the deficiency in plants?
- What will lead to deficiency in plants?
- Organic farming leads to soil pollution.true or false
- name any 3 exotic breeds of cows
- How are microorganisms useful in food industry?
- What is the difference between threshing and winnowing?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number