Why is the crystallization technique considered better than simple evaporation to purify solids?
Asked by rajeshpalayad | 17th Jun, 2021, 08:48: PM
Crystallisation is better technique because-
Extent of purification in case of crystallisation technique is very high.Crystallisation does not require very high temperature conditions, there is no need to boil the solvent.In evaporation, we allow the solution to heat to make the solvent evaporate but this may degrade the solute into some another compound.The technique does not require complex apparatus setup for performing the purification.
Answered by Ravi | 18th Jun, 2021, 01:17: PM
- what is centrifugation
- what is diffusion
- Why are naphthalene balls kept with cloths to be put away
- 1}which one of the following is not a heterogenous mixture a]air b]brass c]iodised table salt d]steel
- Give reason Twovarieties of wheat flour cannot be separated by seveing
- What is mixture?
- With the help of a labeled diagram, describe in brief an activity to show sublimation of CAMPHOR.
- With the help of a labeled diagram, describe in brief an activity to show sublimation of camphor
- How will you separate iron filings and sugar from their mixtures?
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number