Why is the bond angle of water molecule less than the normal?
Asked by Topperlearning User | 4th Jun, 2014, 01:23: PM
Water molecule is made of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. Oxygen atom has 2 lone pair of electrons. This causes a slight redistributing of the charges around the oxygen.
Answered by | 4th Jun, 2014, 03:23: PM
- what is a bond angle
- Bond order difference H2-H2+ and H2
- How to find the oxidation state of Cobalt and chromium in [Co(NH3)6][Cr(CN)6]?
- WHAT IS A DIPOLE?EXPLAIN
- #jiochat what is dipole moment?
- Define bond enthalpy. Give its unit.
- Draw the resonating structures of nitrate ion. Calculate the bond order of N-O.
- What is bond pair and lone pair of electrons?
- Draw an accurate Lewis structure for HONO2, including all non-bonded electron pairs and formal charges. Additionally, provide bond angles around the nitrogen atom.
Kindly Sign up for a personalised experience
- Ask Study Doubts
- Sample Papers
- Past Year Papers
- Textbook Solutions
Verify mobile number
Enter the OTP sent to your number